BoilerTV and Purdue University Residences BulletinSubmission Guidelines
Campus Life Channel 5.1
All Purdue Bulletins:
- Only Purdue-affiliated groups are allowed to submit and display bulletins.
- There is no charge for this service to Purdue organizations.
- No “advertisements” from non-Purdue organizations will be accepted.
- Requests will be taken on a first come, first served basis and scheduled based on availability.
- The bulletin MUST be submitted at least five (5) working days prior to the preferred posting date. If your bulletin is not received by the deadline, it is possible your bulletin may not run.
- Bulletins may run for the maximum of ten (10) days but may not run past the event date.
- Purdue organizations must submit the static bulletin (750 characters maximum) or dynamic bulletin that they wish to display.
- BoilerTV and Purdue University Residences reserves the right to deny any request for display or remove or refuse any Bulletin that does not adhere to the guidelines or is deemed inappropriate. BoilerTV and Purdue University Residences will notify the submitter so that, if possible, they may change and resubmit the bulletin.
Bulletins should not contain:
- false or misleading statements or visual/verbal exaggerations.
- testimonials that do not reflect the real opinion of the individual(s) involved;
- price claims that are misleading;
- claims insufficiently supported or that distort the true meaning or practicable application of statements made by professional or scientific authority;
- statements, suggestions, or pictures offensive to public decency or minority segments of the population
- any inappropriate material, including but not limited to promotions of alcohol and tobacco consumption, pornographic displays, nudity, etc.
Content presented on digital signage should not:
- infringe the legal rights, including copyrights, rights of privacy and publicity of others;
- cause any damage or disadvantage to others;
- disturb public order;
- reflect a criminal act;
- present or distribute any third parties private information without obtaining approval from such third parties;
- disgrace others;
- defame or libel others;
- offer digital files for access or download that contain viruses or corrupted files that may damage the operation of others computers;
Criteria for Groups Advertising on Bulletins:
- Purdue organizations (recognized student organizations and departments) are eligible to advertise for FREE;
- advertisements must promote the organization or their event;
- less than 20% of the advertisement may be dedicated to any non-Purdue organization affiliated with the event or organization in any way;
- logos of any non-Purdue organization can be no larger than 2″ x 2″ or 144 px by 144px; and
- Bulletins may contain sound if there is dialogue or purpose for sound other than background music. All videos submitted that contain voice over or dialogue must include open captions displayed on the screen synchronized with the video. BoilerTV and Purdue University Residences reserves the right to mute any sound as it deems appropriate.
This website is made available to the university community for the sole purpose of announcing and promoting events and activities to the university community in accord with university policy and with University Residences policies. Specifically prohibited are 1) unlawful language and images and 2) announcements or bulletins promoting unlawful conduct and 3) announcements or bulletins that conflict with Purdue University Residences standards and guidelines.
Adapted from the American Association of Advertising Agencies (AAAA)